Sunday 27 March 2011

Work Experience:

DAY FOURTEEN:

As the drawing I am recreating is a pastel sketch I need to try and emulate that quality of colour and blending that you get with pastels. On the floor I used a mix of brushes and a sponge to get the seamless blending of colour you can get with pastels. To maintain a continuity with the colours I used the same base colours to mix those for the wall of the background. I was inspired to use a small roller to paint the background from observing some of the scenic artists using them to paint samples for "Two Governers, One Gentleman". This technique was really successfull as it allowed me to make a line that looked as if it could have been drawn with charcoal or a pastel. I am finding this painting a much bigger challenge than "Whistlejacet" as the style and techniques are so far removed from my usual painting style.

Background
Background

No comments:

Post a Comment