Wednesday 23 March 2011

Work Experience:

DAY TWELVE:

I began scaling up the second painting of Degas "Dancer" using the same technique used for "Whistlejacket". I created a grid using some cotton which allows me to accurately scale the drawing up. I can see now that I have set myself a big challenge, trying to draw up from a free flowing expressionist drawing is a task in itself. I found that I needed to sketch out the basic shape and then go back over the drawing and measure in more of the precise points. Another thing I need to work on is using a lighter touch when using charcoal as I tend to work too heavily which then makes the paint dirty later on.

I also went to the dress rehearsal for "Rocket to the Moon". It was interesting to see all the set in place and being used as it had previously just been in pieces around the paint frame. Some of the other scenic artists did seem a little disappointed with the set design as there were some large textured and painted sections that could hardly been seen at all. There were also a lot of dentist equipment props that were all hidden away in a room portion of the set. However overall all the set pieces and props (seen and unseen) did add to the whole ambience of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment