Tuesday 8 March 2011

Work Experience - I can't drink any more tea!

DAY TWO:

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

Today there were even more things to be pained black. All the flats for the play "Rocket to the Moon" had to be painted black ready for the fit up tomorrow. Instead of using MDF of pine wood to face the flats the National uses a plastic sheeting which is then covered in canvas and painted. The draw back with this that if the flats are lite from the back they glow, so all the backs had to be painted black using a mix of Bristol black matt paint and covent garden primer, in order to prevent this. After lunch there was a dress rehearsal for the play "The Holy Rosenbergs" in the Cottesloe Theatre which I was allowed to sit in on. The play had a minimal set with only furniture to make up a living room scene, and the seating which can be moved around within the theatre were set out in the round, so it made a very intimate setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment