Saturday 15 January 2011

Model Temple Paint Work

I painted the Temple in sand stone colours using a mix of yellow ochre and raw umber. To create the depth I followed the natural shadows that were formed from the model and then darkened them to add more tone and accentuate the shapes. Once the painting was finished I used a flicking/splatter technique to add texture and a further suggestion of a stone material.



Painted Temple



I also designed my own frieze based on the story of Little Red Cap to run along the base of the Temple. I used a simple design of wolves and a girl, painted it in a tromp l'oeil affect to suggest sculpted stone. When I originally decided to use a frieze it was going to run along the top of the temple as a sculpted architrave. However once I had built the temple I found that the space was too small for the design to look effective, so I moved it to the bottom of the temple.



Frieze

No comments:

Post a Comment