Monday 17 January 2011

Gauze

I used tracing paper to represent gauze. I used this instead of real gauze, as the weave of theatre gauze would have been too large for the 1:25 scale. Tracing paper also has similar qualities to gauze as it is still possible to achieve different affects and reveal different images depending on the lighting direction. For the column I reused my technical drawing as a base and used conte pastel pencils to add a hint of subtle colours in the same sandy brown tones as the temple. I decided to use a dead warped tree image for the gauze as its twistedness emulates the dark eeriness of the story as the wolf storks the girl through the woods. Once the gauze had been painted I glued a column and a tree back to back along a strip of card that is used to hold the gauze in place inside the box. By giving the gauze two sides it means that depending on the lighting direction the column could be changed into a tree and vise versa.

Gauze

Gauze

No comments:

Post a Comment