Thursday 13 January 2011

Model Box

I began the model box over Christmas using a mix of black foam board and black card. I stuggled with the curve of the seating boxes and front wall that leads to the procemium at first which was due to the PVA glue I was using which was not strong enough to hold the foam board together. Due to the constant application of glue and adjustments the edges of the board became quite soggy and tired looking so i re-cut the piece and used a strong wood PVA glue the pieces held together. Once the front section of the model was in place the rest of the model fitted together with few difficulties.

Original Model Box

At first I was unaware that the sides of the model box were meant to be kept open in order for lighting and set adjustment experiements to take place. As I had aleady attached solid side walls I was reluctant to take them off and risk destroying the whole box. Insread I carefull cut a side window into the wall sections, whilst leaving a structural border around the edge to maintian some of its initial strength.




Model Box with added side opening

No comments:

Post a Comment