Wednesday 19 January 2011

Final Set Composition

The gauze is hung in staggered strips across the stage to semi-conceal the temple at the back of the stage, so that it can be revealed as the play progresses. The Temple would be reveal through a change in the lighting or removed into the flight area.

I decided not to paint or colour the flooring, but leave it a matt black as I did not want the set to become to complex. I like how the set pieces, the Temple and gauze, jump out of the set at the audience from the darkness of the stage. I felt that the dark seductive surroundings would add to the sinister eeriness of the chase through the forest. If I were to add anything else to the set it would be a smoke machine to held meld all the elements together and again add to the creepiness of the play.

Completed model box and Set

No comments:

Post a Comment