Wednesday 11 May 2011

Spray Gun Sample:

I produced a further sample using the spray gun so that I could experiment with the colours, consistency of the paint and the techniques. I used a light, mid and dark tone of blue along with a white, which I mixed with some matt glaze and then watered down to the consistency of milk, so that it does not block the gun. I found this technique very simple but affective as the colours and tone can be easily built up and blended together. This also allowed me to experiment with painted texture as I had prepared the canvas with some polyfiller to add some more interest to the piece. At first I was unsure if the texture work or even made any difference to the painting, however once the painting was complete I thought the texture looked really good as it created tone and shadding, whereas the areas without texture looked quite flat.


Spray Sample

Texture

None textured



No comments:

Post a Comment